This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Loading AXF image to a target

Hello,

Working with the Arm Development Studio I build an image to ARM CORTEX-M55.

I have a simple scatter file with RO ZI RW,
When uploading the AXF to the target the RW variables that should be initialized (global variables) are NOT initialized with the proper values.

When looking at the load address on the target (cortex M-55) for a global variable i do NOT see the correct value on the target, so when running target I also do not see the correct value in the execution address of the variable.

I can see that scatter copy is done but not with the correct value.

I can see in the .AXF file that the initial value exits.

Thanks 

Ethan

Parents
  • Hi Ethan

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Sorry, I can't immediately explain the case of the problem you are seeing.

If you can see the initial values of RW variables in the .axf file correctly, but not in the target memory (load address) after the .axf file has been uploaded, then there must be some problem with the upload process or with your target's memory.

Are you loading into RAM or Flash on the target?  Which debug adapter are you using, e.g. DSTREAM or ULinkPro?  Which compiler are you using, e.g. Arm Compiler 6 or GCC?  Do any of the code/data regions overlap?  Feel free to share your scatter-file.

Have you tried the ready-made "Cortex-M55" project that is supplied in the Arm DS Examples?

For larger projects, the AC6 linker (armlink) compresses RW data by default to help reduce ROM/Flash size.
    developer.arm.com/.../Optimization-with-RW-data-compression
    From what you have written, I don't think this is the cause of the problem, but you could try turning off data compression with "--datacompressor off".

Stephen

• Hi Ethan

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Sorry, I can't immediately explain the case of the problem you are seeing.

If you can see the initial values of RW variables in the .axf file correctly, but not in the target memory (load address) after the .axf file has been uploaded, then there must be some problem with the upload process or with your target's memory.

Are you loading into RAM or Flash on the target?  Which debug adapter are you using, e.g. DSTREAM or ULinkPro?  Which compiler are you using, e.g. Arm Compiler 6 or GCC?  Do any of the code/data regions overlap?  Feel free to share your scatter-file.

Have you tried the ready-made "Cortex-M55" project that is supplied in the Arm DS Examples?

For larger projects, the AC6 linker (armlink) compresses RW data by default to help reduce ROM/Flash size.
    developer.arm.com/.../Optimization-with-RW-data-compression
    From what you have written, I don't think this is the cause of the problem, but you could try turning off data compression with "--datacompressor off".

Stephen

Children
No data