This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot find linked library

Hello again,

I am trying to build threadx project on arm ds-5 and there are two supplied projects to be built initially: tx and sample_threadx. (I run it on Ubuntu with aarch64-elf 8.3.0 toolchain)

I was able to build tx successfully which provided me with libtx.a file.

When I am trying to build the sample_threadx project, it gives me the following error.

Invoking: GCC C Linker 8.3.0 [aarch64-elf]
aarch64-elf-gcc -T "../sample_threadx.ld" -L"/home/mariag/eclipse-workspace/threadx_projects/tx" --specs=aem-ve.specs -o "sample_threadx.axf" ./GICv3_gicd.o ./GICv3_gicr.o ./MP_Mutexes.o ./sample_threadx.o ./sp804_timer.o ./startup.o ./timer_interrupts.o ./v8_aarch64.o ./v8_utils.o ./vectors.o -ltx
/home/mariag/ARMDS_ws/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-elf/8.3.0/../../../../aarch64-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -ltx
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:45: sample_threadx.axf] Error 1
"make -j20 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

I assume that I am supposed to provide the path to the library that was created for the threadx. I go to the properties - C/C++ Build - GCC C Linker - Libraries. I am able to specify the path there, but it does not pick up the libtx.a after when I build the project. It automatically had the "tx" library there, as you can see in the command line below (-ltx option for the linker). Could you let me know what is the correct way to link the library in arm ds, what am i doing wrong?