This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM DS slow connection to Fast Model

Hello

on the same Linux RH7 machine, it happens that the performances of ARM DS when connecting the debugger to a waiting Virtual Platform  Fast Model (using CADI)  are very random, and often, it takes 3-4 mns to 

establish the connection. Sometimes, it takes only a few seconds.But most of the time, it's too slow.

I don't understand why there can be so much difference in performances of connection to a virtual platform. What can I do when ARM DS takes too much time to connect to a Virtual Platform ?

Best regards

Frederic Huguet 

Parents
  • Hi Frederic

The variations you see might be related to licensing, or (I think more likely in this case) usage of ports.

As a first step, try launching the model directly on the command-line outside of Arm DS.  If the model launches quickly and consistently, that would rule-out problems with obtaining a license.

The Arm DS Debugger uses some default ports to connect to an FVP model.  If some other applications are using those ports, the debugger can spend a long time scanning for other (free) ports.  Try explicitly specifying a non-default port in the debug launcher on which to host the CADI server.

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi Frederic

The variations you see might be related to licensing, or (I think more likely in this case) usage of ports.

As a first step, try launching the model directly on the command-line outside of Arm DS.  If the model launches quickly and consistently, that would rule-out problems with obtaining a license.

The Arm DS Debugger uses some default ports to connect to an FVP model.  If some other applications are using those ports, the debugger can spend a long time scanning for other (free) ports.  Try explicitly specifying a non-default port in the debug launcher on which to host the CADI server.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children