This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue in capturing trace

Hello,

I am using ARM DTSREAM-ST to dump trace to SRAM using an arm-m7 core. I can see that the trace buffer is filled with 284 KB but I get the error ""Trace data may have been lost"," debug stop", "Trace buffer contains no trace for this core. (x2)". Below is the set of steps I follow to generate trace explained in detail. Please let me know how I can remove this error and see the trace in trace window.

1. Create a c file with 'asm __volatile__("b .");' instruction in code to put an endless loop where the code would stop.

2. Then I run my code through a host controller interface and it stops at the endless loop instruction.

3. Then I connect arm dstream. In the debug configurations, under the debugger tab, I select 'connect only' and execute debugger command. I give two commands for this:

3.1. stop

3.2. add-symbol-file filename.elf I also select 'use default ' in host working directory and specify the path of directory which holds the elf file in path field.

4. The dtsl settings are as follows:

4.1. Trace capture method: System memory trace buffer(CSTMC/ETR). (ETR dumps data to SRAM).

4.2. Enable cortex m7_0 trace checked.

4.3. in ETR tab, I give starting address of GSRAM and 2MB in size in bytes.

4.4. Enable CSITM0_trace checked

4.5. Cortex M7_0 checked in CTI Synchronization.

5. After this, I click on debug configuration. Once this happens, then the code stops at 'asm __volatile__("b .") and I can see this in disassembly.

6. Then I right click on next instruction and set PC to that instruction.

7. The I click on continue, my code runs. After running through a couple of lines in code, I click on interrupt button and I can see that the trace buffer used is 284 KB which  means that trace data was captured in buffer. However, in the trace window , I see the message "Trace data may have been lost"," debug stop", "Trace buffer contains no trace for this core. (x2)".

8. In terms of warning in sdf file, I get two of them. Trace source CSITM_0 has multiple ATB trace path to sink device CSTMC_0 and Master interface 0 of trace source CS_ETM has multiple ATB trace path to sink device CS_TMC0.

Parents
  • Hello, I suspect the warnings described in #8 above are key to fixing this problem.

Is it possible to share the .sdf file? It may be best to raise an official support case via the support menu above so that you can share privately with Arm.

In the interim, try disabling ITM trace (#4.4 above) and see if that helps - is the ETM connected to Cortex-M7 now the only trace source?

• Hello, I suspect the warnings described in #8 above are key to fixing this problem.

Is it possible to share the .sdf file? It may be best to raise an official support case via the support menu above so that you can share privately with Arm.

In the interim, try disabling ITM trace (#4.4 above) and see if that helps - is the ETM connected to Cortex-M7 now the only trace source?

Children