This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue in capturing trace

Hello,

I am using ARM DTSREAM-ST to dump trace to SRAM using an arm-m7 core. I can see that the trace buffer is filled with 284 KB but I get the error ""Trace data may have been lost"," debug stop", "Trace buffer contains no trace for this core. (x2)". Below is the set of steps I follow to generate trace explained in detail. Please let me know how I can remove this error and see the trace in trace window.

1. Create a c file with 'asm __volatile__("b .");' instruction in code to put an endless loop where the code would stop.

2. Then I run my code through a host controller interface and it stops at the endless loop instruction.

3. Then I connect arm dstream. In the debug configurations, under the debugger tab, I select 'connect only' and execute debugger command. I give two commands for this:

3.1. stop

3.2. add-symbol-file filename.elf I also select 'use default ' in host working directory and specify the path of directory which holds the elf file in path field.

4. The dtsl settings are as follows:

4.1. Trace capture method: System memory trace buffer(CSTMC/ETR). (ETR dumps data to SRAM).

4.2. Enable cortex m7_0 trace checked.

4.3. in ETR tab, I give starting address of GSRAM and 2MB in size in bytes.

4.4. Enable CSITM0_trace checked

4.5. Cortex M7_0 checked in CTI Synchronization.

5. After this, I click on debug configuration. Once this happens, then the code stops at 'asm __volatile__("b .") and I can see this in disassembly.

6. Then I right click on next instruction and set PC to that instruction.

7. The I click on continue, my code runs. After running through a couple of lines in code, I click on interrupt button and I can see that the trace buffer used is 284 KB which  means that trace data was captured in buffer. However, in the trace window , I see the message "Trace data may have been lost"," debug stop", "Trace buffer contains no trace for this core. (x2)".

8. In terms of warning in sdf file, I get two of them. Trace source CSITM_0 has multiple ATB trace path to sink device CSTMC_0 and Master interface 0 of trace source CS_ETM has multiple ATB trace path to sink device CS_TMC0.