This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Breakpoints not working in C code, only in assembly?

I am running some example program in ARM Development Studio using FVP (fixed virtual platforms) simulator for A53. 

All is OK, I can run the app.

However, the problem is the breakpoints: they don't work in C code, the work only in .S files assembly. 

What could be the problem? 

Model parameters are -C bp.secure_memory=false -C cache_state_modelled=0. 

Parents
  • Hi Danijel

I suspect that a breakpoint is being set, but is not being applied for the exception level in which your code is running, and so is not being hit.

For example, if your C code is running in EL1, then debug symbols must be loaded for EL1, and the breakpoint must be set for EL1, with e.g. "break EL1N:main"

I suggest you take a look at the ready-made example named "startup_Cortex-A53x1_AC6" that is supplied in Arm DS, and its accompanying readme.html that guides you through the example, including setting breakpoints in different ELs.

Best regards

Stephen

• Hi Danijel

I suspect that a breakpoint is being set, but is not being applied for the exception level in which your code is running, and so is not being hit.

For example, if your C code is running in EL1, then debug symbols must be loaded for EL1, and the breakpoint must be set for EL1, with e.g. "break EL1N:main"

I suggest you take a look at the ready-made example named "startup_Cortex-A53x1_AC6" that is supplied in Arm DS, and its accompanying readme.html that guides you through the example, including setting breakpoints in different ELs.

Best regards

Stephen

Children