This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trouble Starting DS-5 Community Edition Debugging with Stratix 10

Hi,

I am trying to debug a Linux application running inside the HPS of an Intel Stratix 10 and have run into a recurring error message.

I am using the DS-5 Community Edition that is downloaded along side the Intel Quartus tools. I have followed the steps in the Rocketboards debugging procedure and receive the above error message at step 8.

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? The RSE successfully connects to the ARM and can see the files that are there. When I open up the ARM file structure I see the downloaded file there.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi again

I've tried to reproduce your issue, but without any success so far.  I installed DS-5 v5.29.2 from developer.arm.com/.../downloads
    and used the Activation Code given at
    developer.arm.com/.../community-edition
    and was able to connect to a remote gdbserver.

In my test, I installed DS-5 and entered the Activation Code as a non-root ordinary user.

I'm puzzled why you are seeing in the Diagnostics:
    ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE in file "/home/my_username/.flexlmrc": "/root/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic:/root/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic"

The duplicated paths to the .lic file within one single set of quotes might be confusing things.  Did you set the license when logged-in as root or when using sudo?

I see just:
    ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE in file "/home/my_username/.flexlmrc": "/home/my_username/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic"

I can see the DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic file is present in "/home/my_username/.ds-5/licenses/"
    The file "/home/my_username/.flexlmrc" simply contains
    ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE=/home/my_username/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic

I suggest you try re-installing DS-5 v5.29.2 and entering the Activation Code as a non-root ordinary user.  Root/sudo privilege is not needed for gdbserver connections.

• Hi again

I've tried to reproduce your issue, but without any success so far.  I installed DS-5 v5.29.2 from developer.arm.com/.../downloads
    and used the Activation Code given at
    developer.arm.com/.../community-edition
    and was able to connect to a remote gdbserver.

In my test, I installed DS-5 and entered the Activation Code as a non-root ordinary user.

I'm puzzled why you are seeing in the Diagnostics:
    ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE in file "/home/my_username/.flexlmrc": "/root/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic:/root/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic"

The duplicated paths to the .lic file within one single set of quotes might be confusing things.  Did you set the license when logged-in as root or when using sudo?

I see just:
    ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE in file "/home/my_username/.flexlmrc": "/home/my_username/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic"

I can see the DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic file is present in "/home/my_username/.ds-5/licenses/"
    The file "/home/my_username/.flexlmrc" simply contains
    ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE=/home/my_username/.ds-5/licenses/DS-5 Altera Community Edition.lic

I suggest you try re-installing DS-5 v5.29.2 and entering the Activation Code as a non-root ordinary user.  Root/sudo privilege is not needed for gdbserver connections.

Children