This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 fails to view Device Memory View

I am using DS-5 v5.27.1 and using ARM SGI-575 as development platform. platform have a range for RAM, serial and ethernet devices. At kernel/code level I have mapped all memories and able to read/write in these memory ranges but in command window/memory browser of DS-5 I am able to view serial and RAM's memory view but memory range of ethernet is not accessible for both R/W. 
So how can I review this specific memory ? Any ideas ? Or anything that can help me out?

Parents
  • Ateeb, could you open the Window -> Show View -> MMU/MPU view to examine the properties of the address of the ethernet controller? This may explain the issue you are seeing. It may also be that this region is only accessible at a higher EL level.

Can you read with something like "x EL2:<address>"?

Aside... the latest DS-5 version is 5.,29, downloadable from developer.arm.com/.../downloads

• Ateeb, could you open the Window -> Show View -> MMU/MPU view to examine the properties of the address of the ethernet controller? This may explain the issue you are seeing. It may also be that this region is only accessible at a higher EL level.

Can you read with something like "x EL2:<address>"?

Aside... the latest DS-5 version is 5.,29, downloadable from developer.arm.com/.../downloads

Children