This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DSTREAM and GCC

Hi !

I'm considering investing in DSTREAM to add a solid jtag debugger to our workplace, and we are using a cross compiled GCC (usually from Ubuntu or Linaro) to build our bare metal apps.

- Do I  have to also by DS-5 to be able to use the DSTREAM probe ?

- Are my actual compilers supported by DSTREAM or will I have to recompile everything using DS-5 ?

Best,

V.

Parents
  • Hi Vincent,

The DSTREAM does not come with a debugger, so you can either write your own (!) or purchase DS-5 (and use its debugger) or another IDE that supports DSTREAM for target connection. Have you looked at DSTREAM-ST? This is Arm's latest version of DSTREAM.

DSTREAM is not related to or dependent on compiler tool chain used. It is the debugger tool which needs to be compatible with your compiler. The debugger then talks to DSTREAM at the access memory/register level.

I do know that DS-5 supports use of the gcc compiler for bare metal debug.

Hope this helps, Tony.

• Hi Vincent,

The DSTREAM does not come with a debugger, so you can either write your own (!) or purchase DS-5 (and use its debugger) or another IDE that supports DSTREAM for target connection. Have you looked at DSTREAM-ST? This is Arm's latest version of DSTREAM.

DSTREAM is not related to or dependent on compiler tool chain used. It is the debugger tool which needs to be compatible with your compiler. The debugger then talks to DSTREAM at the access memory/register level.

I do know that DS-5 supports use of the gcc compiler for bare metal debug.

Hope this helps, Tony.

Children