This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trust Zone and Virtual Machines / KVM

Is it possible to for a Virtual Machine to switch the processor to the secure state ?

I have a Linux virtual machine hosted by KVM hypervisor . I plan to run the  WPA2 authentication and other crypto functions in the secure world.  Is this possible in ARMv8A processor ?  So the question boils down to can KVM virtualize the trustzone ? 

Parents
  • Of course you can. Use SMC calling conventions. SMC interrupts the processor it invoked it and causes it to go Sync Type Exception. Unfortunately Hypervisor (EL2) doesn't run in a secure state so it cannot aceess secure world from itself. SMC is being handle in Secure Monitor ofArm Trusted Firmware. I don't belive your system doesn't have it though it is possible.

• Of course you can. Use SMC calling conventions. SMC interrupts the processor it invoked it and causes it to go Sync Type Exception. Unfortunately Hypervisor (EL2) doesn't run in a secure state so it cannot aceess secure world from itself. SMC is being handle in Secure Monitor ofArm Trusted Firmware. I don't belive your system doesn't have it though it is possible.

Children