This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constant power supply with countdown timer triggered by a momentary switch

Can I make a 1 or 2 NE555 timer delay switch adjustable module from eBay,or any other simple components ?

Here is the datesheet of ne555n:www.componentschip.com/.../NE555N.html

Momentary switch closes = power ON and start of a countdown timer of 0.3s. Mentary switch opens = no influence, holding the momentary switch up or down = no influence,timer must stil1l run and if the momentary switch is not closed again to reset the timer to 0.3s than the power must be off.So in this way only clicking it about 4 timer per second will keep the power on and uninterrupted.

If you are interested what I would use this for (it is a pedal assist system): I am trying to tun a 24-42VDC 100-1000W motor with this,clicking the momentary switch means the pedals are moving,not clicking it or holding means the pedals are not moving and the power to the motor should be shut down.

• You don't need a 555 for this, you can use a simple resistor+capacitor circuit.

In addition, you might want to use an encoder rather than a mechanical switch, because the mechanical switch will wear out very quickly.