This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AXI write outstanding transactions causing problem in image data

Hi All,

I am facing one issue due to AXI write outstanding transactions.

Few of vertical lines in my image data has order issue,i.e. pixels are re arranged randomly within line.

I was curious why and when this could happen.

also its not always issue, it  happens sometimes.

Could you please help me understand more about outstanding transactions and this issue.

Also if you need more information about environment, please let me know.

Best regards,

LK

Parents
  • Hi,

Does the master generating image occasionally issue same address amongst those outstanding transactions and hence would have order dependency between transactions? AXI bus protocol and memory controllers can often operate and complete transactions out of order. If you require in-order transactions, which I would not recommend for performance reasons, you would need to use single AXI ID from master.

Also, there is no guarantee between read and write ordering, without the master managing this.

Some more background information to the environment would be useful.

• Hi,

Does the master generating image occasionally issue same address amongst those outstanding transactions and hence would have order dependency between transactions? AXI bus protocol and memory controllers can often operate and complete transactions out of order. If you require in-order transactions, which I would not recommend for performance reasons, you would need to use single AXI ID from master.

Also, there is no guarantee between read and write ordering, without the master managing this.

Some more background information to the environment would be useful.

Children
No data