This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex-M7 minimum schematic ?

I'm looking to start a new design based on the ARM Cortex-M7 and have been reading thousands of pages of documentation ( not done yet of course ). I am able to design my own schematics and PCBs so I'm trying to first determine the very bare minimum to start.

1. power circuits to accommodate a ATSAMV71Q21

2. the ATSAMV71Q21 itself

3 USB circuits to attach the board to a PC

I may be wrong, but my understanding thus far is that the SAM V71 embeds an Internal ROM for the SAM Boot Assistant (SAM-BA), In Application Programming functions (IAP) and Fast Flash Programming Interface (FFPI), ( <- right from the doc ) and that this sets up serial communication via the UART0 and USB.

Initially I would simply be using the internal ROM, embedded FLASH and SRAM ( although I might add in an external 16Mb SRAM chip ).

Granted, this minimum configuration wouldn't be able to do much as there would be no external peripherals just yet, but my plan would be to connect a series of header pins for testing purposes.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Parents
  • Apparently just like many other forums, no one is monitoring these, or just have decided to not answer or advise.

So the question still remains regarding whether or not the SAM V71 embeds an Internal ROM for the SAM Boot Assistant (SAM-BA), In Application Programming functions (IAP) and Fast Flash Programming Interface (FFPI) and that this sets up serial communication via the UART0 and USB, and as long as the schematic connections are correct, is this enough to get fundamental communications with the processor to be able to upload new code into the embedded FLASH ?

Regards.
  • Apparently just like many other forums, no one is monitoring these, or just have decided to not answer or advise.

So the question still remains regarding whether or not the SAM V71 embeds an Internal ROM for the SAM Boot Assistant (SAM-BA), In Application Programming functions (IAP) and Fast Flash Programming Interface (FFPI) and that this sets up serial communication via the UART0 and USB, and as long as the schematic connections are correct, is this enough to get fundamental communications with the processor to be able to upload new code into the embedded FLASH ?

Regards.
Children