This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Asynchronous External Abort and Trustzone

Hi !

I'm currently designing a secure monitor for an ARMv7 chip (i.MX6 from NXP, cortex A9 inside) and I'm thinking on a secure way to deal with asynchronous external aborts.

As I explained in a previous question, I sometime face the following situation:

- normal world is executing some code that will generate an asynchronous external abort

- a world switch (non-secure to secure) happens _before_ the external abort is actually generated

- the external abort will trigger during the secure kernel or a secure application

My goal is to be sure that, when I exit the secure monitor back to the secure world, no external abort can happen because of the normal world.

Most of the time, a simple 'check the ISR register' is enough because the abort will be triggered during the execution of the secure monitor, but I also face situation where the external abort is only triggered _after_ the secure monitor has finished switching.

Now, I'm wondering if there is a way to be 100% sure that no asynchronous EA are pending, while I'm in the secure monitor. My current solution is the following is to issue a "dsb; isb" sequence before checking the ISR, but I'd like to  be sure it is a valid solution to my problem.

Best regards,

Vincent

Parents Reply Children