This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a list of all opcodes mnemonics understood by each architecture?

Greetings,

I'm currently experimenting with Jekyll and I'm trying to make an GNU ARM Assembly syntax highlighter for Rouge.

However, the ARM Architecture Reference Manual does not seem to have a simple complete list of mnemonics. They are all mentioned, but not in a quick run-down list.

I'm currently trying to extract the mnemonics from GNU Binutils source code but, still, is there a list of all mnemonics understood by each ARM architecture, with mention of the potential suffixes (notably on ARMv7) ?

Parents
  • Hi,

Section A8.8 of the ARMv7-AR Architecture Reference Manual (ARM DDI 0406C.c) lists all instructions in alphabetical order.

Similarly in the ARMv8-A Architecture Reference Manual (ARM DDI 0487A.j):

• Section C6.2 lists all base A64 instructions
    • Section C7.2 lists all A64 floating-point and Advanced SIMD instructions
    • Section F5.1 lists all base T32 and A32 instructions
    • Section F6.1 lists all AArch32 floating-point and Advanced SIMD instructions

Is that what you're looking for? You'll have to click through each one to see the potential suffixes, for example clicking on 'DMB' in the list in Section A8.8 of the ARMv7-AR ARM will list 'SY', 'ST', 'ISH', 'ISHST', 'NSH', 'NSHST', 'OSH', and 'OSHST'.

• Hi,

Section A8.8 of the ARMv7-AR Architecture Reference Manual (ARM DDI 0406C.c) lists all instructions in alphabetical order.

Similarly in the ARMv8-A Architecture Reference Manual (ARM DDI 0487A.j):

• Section C6.2 lists all base A64 instructions
    • Section C7.2 lists all A64 floating-point and Advanced SIMD instructions
    • Section F5.1 lists all base T32 and A32 instructions
    • Section F6.1 lists all AArch32 floating-point and Advanced SIMD instructions

Is that what you're looking for? You'll have to click through each one to see the potential suffixes, for example clicking on 'DMB' in the list in Section A8.8 of the ARMv7-AR ARM will list 'SY', 'ST', 'ISH', 'ISHST', 'NSH', 'NSHST', 'OSH', and 'OSHST'.

Children