This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

TrustZone Controller in FVP Cortex57-A Base platform

Hi,

I start to learn and program TZC-400  in FVP Cortext57-A Base platform with DS-5, and encounter something that I don't understand.

I start the FVP as non-secure mode by using the paramter "bp.secure_memory = false".  Then I poll TZC's  gate_keeper register and get 0 for all bits.  According to the document, this means all the gates are shutdown for slave, so no access can go through TZC.  But then if I use CPU to write a data pattern to a DRAM,  it manages to do that.  I can see the pattern in the memory. 

How could this hapeen ?  Did I misunderstand any thing ?

Thanks in advance !

Xinwei

• Hi,

The secure_memory = false parameter is a model specific "cheat" that doesn't model hardware.  Setting this parameter bypasses the TZC functionality and allows secure and non-secure access to the memory.

If you want to program the TZC they you need to set secure_memory = true and then the TZC will follow the reset behaviour as in the TZC-400 TRM.  This means that you cannot access RAM behind the TZC until SW configures and opens the gates.

hope that helps.