This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trustzone and Hardware virtualization support

Hello,

I am looking for a development board that has an open Trustzone and hardware virtualization support. Do the Juno boards support this?

Looking around the ARM A72/57/53 chips all support Arm Trustzone and have hardware virtualization support, however it is not clear if the features are open for development on the Juno boards.

Thanks,

Justin

Parents
  • Hello Justin,

Yes, the Juno is open for TrustZone and Hardware Virtualization development.

We have lots of relevant tutorials and FAQs over in the ARM Development Platforms community.

For example, the software stacks that we provide include ARM Trusted Firmware, OP-TEE Trusted OS, U-Boot, a Linux kernel, and a Linux/Android filesystem. All of these mentioned components are fully open-source and can be modified and/or flat out replaced as you see fit.

Note, however, that fully replacing ARM Trusted Firmware can be difficult due to the amount of platform-specific initialization that it performs. We discuss this in our Bare-Metal Development tutorial. You can still modify it, though, and also modify and/or replace the images that are run in Secure-EL1 (Trusted OS) and EL2 (Hypervisor), which sounds like what you're looking for.

I hope that helps,

Ash.

• Hello Justin,

Yes, the Juno is open for TrustZone and Hardware Virtualization development.

We have lots of relevant tutorials and FAQs over in the ARM Development Platforms community.

For example, the software stacks that we provide include ARM Trusted Firmware, OP-TEE Trusted OS, U-Boot, a Linux kernel, and a Linux/Android filesystem. All of these mentioned components are fully open-source and can be modified and/or flat out replaced as you see fit.

Note, however, that fully replacing ARM Trusted Firmware can be difficult due to the amount of platform-specific initialization that it performs. We discuss this in our Bare-Metal Development tutorial. You can still modify it, though, and also modify and/or replace the images that are run in Secure-EL1 (Trusted OS) and EL2 (Hypervisor), which sounds like what you're looking for.

I hope that helps,

Ash.

Children