This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to execute the code from RAM ??

Hi,

i am working on XMC4500. i want to Implement Self Flashing i.e., the Controller Flash itself, Till now the code is Running from Flash. To Achive this one approach is if i Execute code from RAM Then flash Remains Free So that i Could Download the Code into Flash and Run it. Here my doubt is Can i Run the Code from RAM if so how could i achieve this ??

Thanks and Regards,

Harshan.

Parents
  • Hi,

I noticed you have also ask the same question on the community

XMC4500 How Execute code from RAM

Please note the flash programming requirement can be device specific (some MCU has built in flash loader code), and I am not familiar with the XMC4500 myself, and the way to run code from SRAM can be tool chain dependent.

So I would say:

1) Add the information of what tool chain you are using in the post in the community

2) and try to see if Infinoen have any application note in this topic

3) Or you can also ask the question in Infineon forum : Microcontroller Forum

If you got your answer from Infineon forum please add a link to ARM community so that next time user has the same question they can find it easily.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Joseph

• Hi,

I noticed you have also ask the same question on the community

XMC4500 How Execute code from RAM

Please note the flash programming requirement can be device specific (some MCU has built in flash loader code), and I am not familiar with the XMC4500 myself, and the way to run code from SRAM can be tool chain dependent.

So I would say:

1) Add the information of what tool chain you are using in the post in the community

2) and try to see if Infinoen have any application note in this topic

3) Or you can also ask the question in Infineon forum : Microcontroller Forum

If you got your answer from Infineon forum please add a link to ARM community so that next time user has the same question they can find it easily.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Joseph

Children
No data