This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

About FPU pipeline of Cortex-M7

Hello experts,

The Cortex-M7 Lecture is opened on APS (ARM Partner Success) Site.
Also, #4 and #5 are described the details of Cortex-M7 pipeline.
However, I cannot understand the following parts of the lecture.
Could anyone teach me them more clearly in order to be understood well?

[original statements]
4つのレジスターファイルがポートの読み出し用、2つのレジスターファイルがポートの書き込み用です。どちらも32bit長です。そして、レジスタファイルは動的にスケジューリングされます。

浮動少数点パイプライン以外インオーダー発行ですが、浮動少数点パイプラインだけはアウトオブオーダー発行です。

[source: 会員限定コンテンツエラー  ] (to read, the registration of free is needed)

[translation to English by me]
There are 4 register files for the port reading, and 2 register files for the port writing. Both are 32bit widths. Then, these register files are dynamically scheduled.

Cortex-M7 pipeline is in-order issuing other than FPU pipeline, but only FPU pipeline is out-of-order issuing.

[interpretation by me]
The former means register renaming and there are 4 registers for read and 2 registers for write.
The latter means there are 2 instruction queues. One is for the other than FPU instructions. Another is only for FPU instructions. Then, FPU queue can issue 2 instructions with out-of-order.
Is my interpretation correct?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Parents
  • Hello everyone,

I have gotten the answer from the author.

As the results, the fact was simple.

Regarding the former, there are 2 pipelines for FPU and the FPU register file has 4 32bit read ports and 2 32bit write ports.

Regarding the latter, integer instructions and FPU instructions can be executed in out-of-order way.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

• Hello everyone,

I have gotten the answer from the author.

As the results, the fact was simple.

Regarding the former, there are 2 pipelines for FPU and the FPU register file has 4 32bit read ports and 2 32bit write ports.

Regarding the latter, integer instructions and FPU instructions can be executed in out-of-order way.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Children
No data