This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Nested Virtualization Support

Hi,

I've been looking into the Nested Virtualization features (FEAT_NV, FEAT_NV2). However. I've noticed that even though the features have been defined for quiet some time, no ARM CPU seems to support them. 
When looking at the technical reference manuals of all newer CPU models up to the A710 and the A715 it is always stated that NEVE is not supported. 

Now I'm wondering if I'm missing something here or if there is indeed still no CPU supporting these features. Or if this is actually the case can anyone tell me when a CPU with NEVE will approximately be released? The FVPs are sadly not really an option due to performance issues.

Thanks in advance!

• Hello,

ARM processors have been widely used in various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and servers. While ARM architecture has made significant advancements over the years, the specific feature of Nested Virtualization has not been widely implemented or supported in ARM CPUs.

It's important to note that processor manufacturers regularly release new models and updates, so it's possible that future ARM CPUs may include support for Nested Virtualization. However, I do not have information beyond my September 2021 knowledge cutoff to provide an approximate release date for such CPUs.  prepaidgiftbalance

I hope the information you like it.