This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can anyone help me to compile a modern kernel for the Psion 5MX?

Hello,

I am the last and least skill-full of the openpsion project. I have the last files from the distribution I made for an etch distribution to run on the device, a userland based on debian 4 etch, a working modular kernel (2.4.30).

I am looking for a person younger than me who could take things over and keep things alive. A lot of work went into this project and it would be a shame to see it dissapear.  Psions are easily still available and I still get contacted by enthusiasts. I have tried to keep the project going but now I am in poor health and simply don't have the skills (or neurons) to continue. I have been diagnosed with Parkinsons. I can provide all the patches, source code and files we made all those years ago and can send all the hardware I still have left. (no charge) I was hoping my son would take things over but he is only interested in girls, motorbikes and football (in that order).

Kindest regards to all

Adrian

www.ajwells.net

linux-7110.sourceforge.net/.../index.shtml