This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EL3 execution

Hello Experts,

I need to operate a custom app at EL3 on a Cortex-A53 core running on the i.MX8 based  platform. The bootflow shows me that a hand-off from ATF (BL31) to U-boot (BL33) is where the transition from EL3 to EL2 occurs for Uboot and it stays at EL2.

Can anyone suggest a procedure or mechanism to keep the Uboot and custom apps running at EL3? Are there any examples ?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • I'm afraid I can't answer specifically for the i.MX8, but I suspect you'd need is a custom ATF image.

But a more basic question - what is it that you want to run at EL3 and why does it need to be at EL3?

EL3 is usually firmware and Security state switching code, so small and tightly focussed.  I wouldn't expect to see apps, or anything like uboot, at EL3.  

If what you need access to is Secure state/PA space, why not target S_EL0/1?

• I'm afraid I can't answer specifically for the i.MX8, but I suspect you'd need is a custom ATF image.

But a more basic question - what is it that you want to run at EL3 and why does it need to be at EL3?

EL3 is usually firmware and Security state switching code, so small and tightly focussed.  I wouldn't expect to see apps, or anything like uboot, at EL3.  

If what you need access to is Secure state/PA space, why not target S_EL0/1?

Children