This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex-M instruction set test?

Does there exist an instruction set test for the Cortex-M series?  This might also be known as a CPU instruction test, or by other terms...  Such test would be used to diagnose potentially faulty CPU or possibly the memory subsystems, etc.

Thanks for any consideration.

Parents
  • To follow up on my original post, since many are regularly viewing this thread over the weeks, I will post concerning NXP's SafeAssure Program.  This Program became available at NXP as a result of the merger with Freescale.  To date, I am still not aware of an open software for testing the CPU core, but this is mostly due to the certifications required in safety critical applications.

SafeAssure includes a Structural Core Self Test which is executed in software at startup and at run-time. The included tests cover most of the core instructions, as well as the tests targeting specific IP blocks of the core.  The SCST is a software product provided for a fee. This software is usable with other methods to support Whitegoods, Industrial and Automotive applications requiring certification to applicable IEC and ISO standards.

For more information:

> Link to SafeAssure Program on NXP's web site.  Complete Safety Manuals are available at this link, for numerous NXP products.

> Link to an Overview Presentation on Functional Safety, with emphasis on Automotive

• To follow up on my original post, since many are regularly viewing this thread over the weeks, I will post concerning NXP's SafeAssure Program.  This Program became available at NXP as a result of the merger with Freescale.  To date, I am still not aware of an open software for testing the CPU core, but this is mostly due to the certifications required in safety critical applications.

SafeAssure includes a Structural Core Self Test which is executed in software at startup and at run-time. The included tests cover most of the core instructions, as well as the tests targeting specific IP blocks of the core.  The SCST is a software product provided for a fee. This software is usable with other methods to support Whitegoods, Industrial and Automotive applications requiring certification to applicable IEC and ISO standards.

For more information:

> Link to SafeAssure Program on NXP's web site.  Complete Safety Manuals are available at this link, for numerous NXP products.

> Link to an Overview Presentation on Functional Safety, with emphasis on Automotive

Children