This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM : LPC2148 Registers and programming examples

I am a beginner in using ARM LPC2148 MCU for project purpose. I searched for details about tutorials, example set, registers details of MCU but could not find much.

Please let me know site that would be useful for me to avail the datasheet, examples and functionalities of LPC2148 ARM MCU@

Parents
  • LPCware has a dedicated download section: Downloads | www.LPCware.com which I think takes care of the datasheet you were asking in your first message.

The ARM Connected Community is about ARM. In the LPC2148, only the CPU is relevant to ARM. The microcontroller you wish to use has peripherals, flash... all of these are the expertise of NXP, not ARM.

If you have questions about the instruction set, or encounter problems compiling your code, or if your code doesn't behave properly, then we might be able to help.

However, I believe you need example code to learn how to use the peripherals, more than you need code to learn the CPU: the UART, TIMER, USB, ADC modules are examples.

There is a forum dedicated to the LPC2000 series: lpc2000 | www.LPCware.com. If you ask your question where experts on the product are, I think you are more likely to get a reply. You can ask your question in the ARM Connected Community, but you are less likely to have a reply matching what you exactly need/want because the audience is different.

If you are just starting programming, using a more recent microcontroller may make it easier for you.

The LPC2148 is using an ARM7TDMI CPU, which is not really recent. If you were using an LPC1768 (based on an ARM Cortex-M3 CPU), you would be able to directly reuse most of the code available in mbed.org.

Another idea: if you are a student, it may be useful to see with your university/school teaching staff. They could contact the University Relations team from NXP and get documentation/tools best suited to beginners.

• LPCware has a dedicated download section: Downloads | www.LPCware.com which I think takes care of the datasheet you were asking in your first message.

The ARM Connected Community is about ARM. In the LPC2148, only the CPU is relevant to ARM. The microcontroller you wish to use has peripherals, flash... all of these are the expertise of NXP, not ARM.

If you have questions about the instruction set, or encounter problems compiling your code, or if your code doesn't behave properly, then we might be able to help.

However, I believe you need example code to learn how to use the peripherals, more than you need code to learn the CPU: the UART, TIMER, USB, ADC modules are examples.

There is a forum dedicated to the LPC2000 series: lpc2000 | www.LPCware.com. If you ask your question where experts on the product are, I think you are more likely to get a reply. You can ask your question in the ARM Connected Community, but you are less likely to have a reply matching what you exactly need/want because the audience is different.

If you are just starting programming, using a more recent microcontroller may make it easier for you.

The LPC2148 is using an ARM7TDMI CPU, which is not really recent. If you were using an LPC1768 (based on an ARM Cortex-M3 CPU), you would be able to directly reuse most of the code available in mbed.org.

Another idea: if you are a student, it may be useful to see with your university/school teaching staff. They could contact the University Relations team from NXP and get documentation/tools best suited to beginners.

Children
No data