I'm attempting to get uvision working on a VM of windows 8.1
embedded industrial running on ubuntu 14.04. when I'm trying to start
the debugger with a project that has been tested and working on
another computer with uVision. When I try to start the debugger, I
first get a message that says: "EVALUATION MODE running with code
size limit: 32k"
I then click the okay box and this is the next error code and the
debugger gives up:
Error: Could not load file 'X:\ARM\Excercise01\Excercise01.axf'.
Debugger aborted !
I attempted an older solution for v3 where I replaced the TLM.DLL
but it did not change anything.
I'm not too familiar with this program or windows yet so there
might be something I'm missing.
On what host machine was that virtial machine running when the
license key was generated?
I have MDK running in a 32-bit Win XP vm with VMware Workstation
used on a Windows 7 64-bit host.
The host also has MDK installed.
Both host and vm uses the same license key representing the physical
I haven't tried running any JTAG from the virtual machine.
The key was generated within the virtual machine. The host is
64bit Ubuntu 14.04 and the VM is 64 bit windows 8.1. The first time I
downloaded a copy was on a different machine, it was on a chromebook.
Subsequent times were within the VM.
I have the same problem when use uVision 184.108.40.206 with LPC1343 on
Windows 7 64bit.
I found a solution,
the problem only happens when
[Options for Target] -> [Debug] -> [Settings] -> [Debug]
-> [Download Options]
--> [Verify Code Download] is checked, but [Download to Flash] is
So, check or uncheck them both will solve this problem.
I just test this to recall my memory.
I'm using the simulator so I don't use that debugger option. I
haven't recieved my board yet so I can't download to flash.
So I solved the issue. What happened was my school's license for
uvision temporarily expired so I started this project on their
computers first without knowing it wouldn't simulate. We were then
told we had to make it work ourselves so I opened the project on the
version of uvision in the VM but the configurations weren't quite
right so it caused issues. Instead of just rebuilding I did project
> rebuild all target files and a message in the terminal said it
created the <targetname>.axf file and then it ran the debugger
I hope this post can help others with this silly oversight!
View all questions in Keil forum