This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Peripherals menu empty during debug STM32L162XE

Hello,

Recently we have changed the micro-controller from STM32L152 to STM32L162.

The issue is, when using the debugging the "Peripherals Viewer" is empty on STM32L162.

But if I am changing the Device back to STM32L152 the "Peripherals Viewer" works.

Is any way to repair it quickly?

Parents
  • Hello Alexey,

Thank you for using the Keil tools for ARM.

It sounds like you are looking at the System viewer window see: µVision User's Guide: System Viewer

And don't see any peripherals.

The system viewer window is automatically generated from a System Viewer Description (SVD) file, that is provided by the CMSIS-Pack Author (in this case ST).

I used a text editor to look in the Pack Description file (PDSC) for this family of chips:

C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\Keil\STM32L1xx_DFP\1.2.0\Keil.STM32L1xx_DFP.pdsc

It looks like the STM32L152 devices have SVD entries:

<debug svd="SVD/STM32L15xC.svd"/>

... but the STM32L162 devices do not have SVD entries.

I would check with ST about this.

As a work around you could use a use a SVD file from a 152 device in your 162 project.

You could edit an existing file, as described in this Knowledge base article:

(Keil KB) SWPACK: Kinetis interrupts shifted in NVIC window

..or you could follow the Adding the peripheral register file to the project steps on this page

µVision User's Guide Adding System Viewer Window

• Hello Alexey,

Thank you for using the Keil tools for ARM.

It sounds like you are looking at the System viewer window see: µVision User's Guide: System Viewer

And don't see any peripherals.

The system viewer window is automatically generated from a System Viewer Description (SVD) file, that is provided by the CMSIS-Pack Author (in this case ST).

I used a text editor to look in the Pack Description file (PDSC) for this family of chips:

C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\Keil\STM32L1xx_DFP\1.2.0\Keil.STM32L1xx_DFP.pdsc

It looks like the STM32L152 devices have SVD entries:

<debug svd="SVD/STM32L15xC.svd"/>

... but the STM32L162 devices do not have SVD entries.

I would check with ST about this.

As a work around you could use a use a SVD file from a 152 device in your 162 project.

You could edit an existing file, as described in this Knowledge base article:

(Keil KB) SWPACK: Kinetis interrupts shifted in NVIC window

..or you could follow the Adding the peripheral register file to the project steps on this page

µVision User's Guide Adding System Viewer Window

Children
No data