This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ds-5 Eclipse cannot read environment file env.ini

I have installed ARM DS-5 on my PC (Windows 10 64-bi); When launching Eclipse I got an error message:

Could not read environment file C:...\ds5\win_64\r5p0-27rel0\sw\info\env.ini": Operation not permitted

I have Full Control of this env.ini file and can open it with notepad to read/write; So not really a file permission issue.

Any idea why Eclipse cannot start?

Parents
  • Hello ZhMa,

Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you.

How are you launching DS-5? Are you using the start menu shortcuts? Or are you launching the eclipse.exe binary from a command prompt? If so what is the path of the binary you are launching? The error you are receiving looks like an OS error, but not one traditionally thrown by Windows. I wonder if you have a POSIX environment (e.g. WSL or Cygwin) installed on your machine which is confusing things?

Additionally the path of the ini file in that error message does not look valid - am I correct to assume you have rewritten the path from the error message yourself? Have you tried opening the exact path it outputs with notepad, not just navigating via Windows Explorer?

Best regards,
    Jonathan

• Hello ZhMa,

Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you.

How are you launching DS-5? Are you using the start menu shortcuts? Or are you launching the eclipse.exe binary from a command prompt? If so what is the path of the binary you are launching? The error you are receiving looks like an OS error, but not one traditionally thrown by Windows. I wonder if you have a POSIX environment (e.g. WSL or Cygwin) installed on your machine which is confusing things?

Additionally the path of the ini file in that error message does not look valid - am I correct to assume you have rewritten the path from the error message yourself? Have you tried opening the exact path it outputs with notepad, not just navigating via Windows Explorer?

Best regards,
    Jonathan

Children