This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I change the path to MSBuild in System Canvas?

Hello, All,

I recently installed Fast Models (Windows 10). I am trying to run the 'hello world' project from GitHub (github.com/.../hello-world_fast-models) for the Cortex-M3. When I try to build it in System Canvas, I receive a log output that ends with the following lines:

<begin log content>

Launching MSBUILD ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe"  /nologo .\Win64-Debug-VC2017\m0_cadi_system_Win64-Debug-VC2017.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug  /p:Platform=x64 )
Build process failed!
Information (Model Build) Model Build process terminated with error.

<end log content>

In the log, the path to MSBuild.exe passes through the "Professional" folder. But in the installation path on my machine, that folder is replaced with "Enterprise".

I tried closing System Canvas and using the following at the Windows command prompt:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" amd64

But I got the same log readout in System Canvas. Is there a way that I can change the path that System Canvas uses to find MSBuild? Or maybe that's not actually my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!