This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exception handlers and interrupt

Hi All,

i went through this link

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0471g/BABGCFHB.html

and related a53 vector table implementation.

in this regard, i have a question

1. Say a processor gets stuck in exception handler due to one of the exceptions, would it still respond to hardware interrupts?

in other words, say a processor is in exception handler function and it gets an UART interrupt, will the UART ISR gets invoked and be able to service the request.

so the reason i am asking this question is to recover a board which is landing into exception handler and send all its REGISTERS/STATE information via UART directed to console.

Thanks

Parents
  • Exceptions have priority and hence a lower priority exception will not be able to preempt a higher one. For example say, you get a Data abort exception and in the exception, if you expect an interrupt on an IRQ line (be it Fast, FIQ or slower IRQ), to cause the preemption of the abort handler and resume to an IRQ handler (FIQ or IRQ), then that won't work. In your situation, I think writing to a UART line from a exception (say, abort handler) should be okay. 

• Exceptions have priority and hence a lower priority exception will not be able to preempt a higher one. For example say, you get a Data abort exception and in the exception, if you expect an interrupt on an IRQ line (be it Fast, FIQ or slower IRQ), to cause the preemption of the abort handler and resume to an IRQ handler (FIQ or IRQ), then that won't work. In your situation, I think writing to a UART line from a exception (say, abort handler) should be okay. 

Children