This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to jumpstart an ARM9 board from its SD slot?

I have found a low priced ($47 qty. 1) ARM-A9 Dual Core 1GHz Thin Client board that currently has an Embedded Linux OS along with an RDP 7.1 client.  There is an SD slot used to upgrade this board with different firmware.  Is the process for jumpstarting this type of board generic based upon ARM chip?  The manufacturer says that they are ok with my installing a different Thin Client program than RDP, but due to the small nature of the quantity I would be buying, they aren't particularly interested in helping with the project.

First, does anyone know a different, commercial ARM product in this price range with 3 USB, audio/mike, HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, 512M RAM, 512M Flash, SD slot etc.?  If so, is it programmable to allow new programs to be written to its flash memory?

If a different board is not comparable by price and features, is it possible to experiment with different ways to boot the device using uboot or some other tool?  I'm a complete beginner with ARM, so if the questions have inconsistencies or exhibit a lack of knowledge, please forgive...  The basic goal is to add a different Thin Client (Cendio's ThinLinc) instead of RDP.  I'm comfortable as a programmer, but I've never before tackled anything embedded like this.  The company that makes these boards is Chinese, and there is a huge communication barrier in speaking with their technicians, so I'm hoping that the ARM development community can shed light on this as to whether I need to give up, or whether jumpstarting these boards and reprogramming them is a reasonable proposition

Thanks,

Bill_VH