This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Iris Support Library

I'm interested in developing a tool for the Iris debug interface, but I cannot find how can I start using it. I have seen a lot of documentation about it but I cannot find where I can find the IrisSupportLib itself. How can I have access to this library?

Thanks,

Alair

Parents
  • Hi Alair,

The support lib is precompiled in $IRIS_HOME/<OS_Compiler>/libIrisSupport.a|.lib  It is also provided as source if you want to change it, such as adding adapters for different languages. There is a Makefile for rebuilding the library if you make changes.

As for starting points, if you are looking to create a client/debugger/some program that connects via Iris using C++, then look here:

$IRIS_HOME/Examples/Client

If you are looking to create a client using Python look here

$IRIS_HOME/Python/Examples

If you are looking to create an Iris plugin look here

$IRIS_HOME/Examples/Plugin

Cheers

Tom

• Hi Alair,

The support lib is precompiled in $IRIS_HOME/<OS_Compiler>/libIrisSupport.a|.lib  It is also provided as source if you want to change it, such as adding adapters for different languages. There is a Makefile for rebuilding the library if you make changes.

As for starting points, if you are looking to create a client/debugger/some program that connects via Iris using C++, then look here:

$IRIS_HOME/Examples/Client

If you are looking to create a client using Python look here

$IRIS_HOME/Python/Examples

If you are looking to create an Iris plugin look here

$IRIS_HOME/Examples/Plugin

Cheers

Tom

Children