This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

android application power consumption measurement

Hi,

I would like to know how much battery my android application consumption.

is it possible to do it using the ARM prob device ?

thanks

yuval.

• There are several methods you could use depending on what specifically you're trying to measure. For instance, KitKat has the ability to show individual application battery usage under Settings->Battery. You can click on your individual app and see CPU and data utilization and wakelock information. It is a nice graphical interface to the data shown in "dumpsys batterystats".

If you need more specific, system level views of activity, you can use Systrace to do high level system analysis. You can dig much deeper on the whole system using DS-5 Streamline and if you want to monitor power utilization with a physical probe, you can use the ARM Energy Probe connected to any number of power rails including, simply, the battery terminals. You can then correlate power draw directly to your application and the whole system.

If you'd care to elaborate on what exactly you are trying to find out, I may be able to help more.