This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Which definition is right for "ne10_addc_float_c"?

Hi,

On a Get Start thread of this web site, it has a short NE10 example having such snippet:

ne10_addc_float_c( thedst1 , thesrc, thecst, ARRAY_LENGTH );

ne10_addc_float_neon( thedst2 , thesrc, thecst, ARRAY_LENGTH );

I install NE10 library. In the documentation, it has a different definition:

ne10_result_t ne10_addc_float_neon (ne10_float32_t *dst, ne10_float32_t *src, const ne10_float32_t cst, ne10_uint32_t count) asm("ne10_addc_float_neon")

I am curious about the last "asm("ne10_addc_float_neon")". Could you tell me that?

Thanks,

Parents
  • Hi,

As the link: Ne10 Library Getting Started, I build NE10 library again with the following commands:

$mkdir build
    $cd build
    $cmake
    -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../config.cmake ..
    $make

The generated library is: libNE10.a. I build my project with commands:

$arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar-gcc O2 -o sample sample.-I$NE10_INC_PATH -l:$NE10_LIB_PATH/libNE10.a

The undefined reference problem is still there.

I find that the generated NE10_test_static can run at the target. After some search, I find NE10_test_static uses the following link command under folder (projectNe10-Ne10-4167142/build/samples/CMakeFiles/NE10_test_static.dir) :

/home/robert/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc  -O2 -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfp3CMakeFiles/NE10_test_static.dir/NE10_test.c.o  -o NE10_test_static -rdynamic ../modules/libNE10.a -lm

It seems that it uses dynamic library. I have not found any way to generate static NE10 library with many options with (ON or OFF)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=

Even after the library path variable is removed, the copied NE10_test_static and my project can run. That is, it does not use the hard drive libNE10.a. I am new to Linux and puzzled by the conflicting facts. I have attached the library, the static test applications and link file. Do you think on my drive libNE10.a is static or dynamic library? How to generate a static libNE10 library?

Thanks,

• Hi,

As the link: Ne10 Library Getting Started, I build NE10 library again with the following commands:

$mkdir build
    $cd build
    $cmake
    -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../config.cmake ..
    $make

The generated library is: libNE10.a. I build my project with commands:

$arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar-gcc O2 -o sample sample.-I$NE10_INC_PATH -l:$NE10_LIB_PATH/libNE10.a

The undefined reference problem is still there.

I find that the generated NE10_test_static can run at the target. After some search, I find NE10_test_static uses the following link command under folder (projectNe10-Ne10-4167142/build/samples/CMakeFiles/NE10_test_static.dir) :

/home/robert/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc  -O2 -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfp3CMakeFiles/NE10_test_static.dir/NE10_test.c.o  -o NE10_test_static -rdynamic ../modules/libNE10.a -lm

It seems that it uses dynamic library. I have not found any way to generate static NE10 library with many options with (ON or OFF)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=

Even after the library path variable is removed, the copied NE10_test_static and my project can run. That is, it does not use the hard drive libNE10.a. I am new to Linux and puzzled by the conflicting facts. I have attached the library, the static test applications and link file. Do you think on my drive libNE10.a is static or dynamic library? How to generate a static libNE10 library?

Thanks,

Children