This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Debug native system-level code (c++) of Android Sources (AOSP) with DS-5

I'm using DS-5 to debug native code of my custom android application and it works well, my question now is about android source code (AOSP) that i have recompiled.

It's possible to debug the system-level C++ code (with DS-5) ? For example debug native code of system_process ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Parents
  • It is possible if you've built your system_process binary with debug flags and load the source in to the debugger. Setting a break point at the entry sequence can be a bit tricky though, e.g. if you're debugging over GDB via the network and the network drivers hasn't loaded. Is there something specific you're trying to take a look at?

• It is possible if you've built your system_process binary with debug flags and load the source in to the debugger. Setting a break point at the entry sequence can be a bit tricky though, e.g. if you're debugging over GDB via the network and the network drivers hasn't loaded. Is there something specific you're trying to take a look at?

Children
No data