About GDB debug AP Cores for Morello_FVP

Hi everyone.

I have build and run morello_fvp by following below guide.

https://git.morello-project.org/morello/docs/-/blob/morello/release-1.6/firmware/user-guide.rst?ref_type=heads#running-the-software-on-fvp

When i try to append "--plugin ~/FVP_Morello_install/plugins/Linux64_GCC-6.4/GDBRemoteConnection.so -D" , 

and use gdb-multiarch <scp_elf> then connect port 31627 , it can debug the core which running SCP firmware normally.

But i didnt find any way to debug AP cores , i have tried to find any useful information in FVP help message or FVP list parameter, but doesnt find any clue yet.

Could you please help to give some advice about it?

Thanks a lot.

Parents
  • HI Zhang,

There is indeed a way to choose the core to debug, but please note that the GDB plugin is not actively maintained - Arm DS (Development Studio) is the recommended solution nowadays. You can download and find documentation for the Morello edition of Arm DS on this page.

If you still prefer to experiment with the GDB plugin, you should be able to use the following FVP parameter:

-C GDBRemoteConnection.core_selection=<core>

Where <core> is an integer identifying which core to connect to. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to identify which core has which ID, so you might need to experiment. Note that those plugin parameters should be documented if you pass --list-params to FVP *and* load the plugin using --plugin.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask further questions if you need help using Arm DS.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• HI Zhang,

There is indeed a way to choose the core to debug, but please note that the GDB plugin is not actively maintained - Arm DS (Development Studio) is the recommended solution nowadays. You can download and find documentation for the Morello edition of Arm DS on this page.

If you still prefer to experiment with the GDB plugin, you should be able to use the following FVP parameter:

-C GDBRemoteConnection.core_selection=<core>

Where <core> is an integer identifying which core to connect to. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to identify which core has which ID, so you might need to experiment. Note that those plugin parameters should be documented if you pass --list-params to FVP *and* load the plugin using --plugin.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask further questions if you need help using Arm DS.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Children
No data