This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

STM32F4 CAN Protocol

Former Member
Former Member

Hi friends,
I am trying Can Protocol STM32F4 to STM32F4 ,I not sure about that I am doing right it.

If I use STM32F1 ,this device include just CAN master,so I mean if it is possible STM32F1 to STM32F1 because of both device include just master CAN.
STM32F4 also include CAN Slave,in this case I think I can use STM32F4 to STM32F1 or STM32F4

Is it possible master to master communication.

Is there an anyone to managed  this protocol,please share both device codes with me.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Right we're up and running.

I think you're misunderstanding CAN Bus. It is not a Master/Slave Protocol like RS485. The nodes on the Bus listen for a break in transmission, when the line is quiet and then initiates transmission of a Frame. You might say that for that instant the node is the master and all other nodes on the bus are listening. Any CAN device can talk to any CAN device as long as they're both using the same bit rate on the bus. So it doesn't mater if you're using an F1 and an F4 or two of each. Or for that matter a SMT32 or any other CAN Enabled uC

• Right we're up and running.

I think you're misunderstanding CAN Bus. It is not a Master/Slave Protocol like RS485. The nodes on the Bus listen for a break in transmission, when the line is quiet and then initiates transmission of a Frame. You might say that for that instant the node is the master and all other nodes on the bus are listening. Any CAN device can talk to any CAN device as long as they're both using the same bit rate on the bus. So it doesn't mater if you're using an F1 and an F4 or two of each. Or for that matter a SMT32 or any other CAN Enabled uC

Children