This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configure flexlm license from command line on client machine (MDK 5.39)

Hello,

I want to automatically configure a flexLM license (<port>@<host_id>) via command line. (essential edition flexlm)

I edited the TOOLS.ini, but this doesn't work. I already tried to search AppData folder and registry, but couldnt find anything remotely relevant.

Especially weird: If I open uVision and open license managment, it tells me that the FlexLM-license is set up and I can borrow it, return it, etc. But when I want to compile I get: 

.\build\linker\some.sct: error: L6047U: The size of this image (34944 bytes) exceeds the maximum allowed for this version of the linker

Same thing if I call the compiler / linker from command line (tells me something "lite").

Please help!

Best regards

Parents
  • I edited the TOOLS.ini, but this doesn't work.

Modifying the TOOLS.ini file should work and should be sufficient for a Flex Floating license (would not work for a Keil node-locked license). This is the way you can make an unattended MDK installation and license registration. However, it seems that the compilation toolchain does not find the license. Did you modify the folder structure of the MDK installation? You must not move the Tools.ini file or the \ARM\ARMCLANG\bin content to a different folder. If you do, the compiler toolchain does not find the Tools.ini file and, therefore, the license.

• I edited the TOOLS.ini, but this doesn't work.

Modifying the TOOLS.ini file should work and should be sufficient for a Flex Floating license (would not work for a Keil node-locked license). This is the way you can make an unattended MDK installation and license registration. However, it seems that the compilation toolchain does not find the license. Did you modify the folder structure of the MDK installation? You must not move the Tools.ini file or the \ARM\ARMCLANG\bin content to a different folder. If you do, the compiler toolchain does not find the Tools.ini file and, therefore, the license.

Children