This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

C++ compiling error (anonymous bit-fields)

Hi, I have some questions I need to ask about a C++ project I'm working on, and in which I need to integrate third-party C libraries.

I get serveral instances of an error like the following: ./RTE/Device/TLE9879QXA40/tle987x.h(564): error: anonymous bit-field cannot have qualifiers.

The header file is part of another header file I need to include in my C++ source file, because it contains low-level routines I need to use.

I asked on the Infineon Community and was redirected here because it might have something to do with SVDConv. So I wonder:

• How would I check what version of SVDConv I'm running?
  • How do I know if I'm running this tool at all?
  • How would I upgrade SVDConv to version 3.3.35?

Just in case you might need it, here is the compiler control string as per the options for my target:

-xc -std=c11 --target=arm-arm-none-eabi -mcpu=cortex-m3 -c
-fno-rtti -funsigned-char -fshort-enums -fshort-wchar
-D__EVAL -D__MICROLIB -gdwarf-4 -O0 -ffunction-sections -Weverything -Wno-packed -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-unused-macros -Wno-documentation-unknown-command -Wno-documentation -Wno-license-management -Wno-parentheses-equality -Wno-reserved-identifier -I ./app -I . -Wno-c++98-compat -Wno-c++17-attribute-extensions -Wno-c++98-c++11-compat-binary-literal -Wpedantic -Wunused -Wshadow -Wextra -Wconversion -Wall -Wno-everything
-I./RTE/Device/TLE9879QXA40
-I./RTE/_TLE9879_EvalKit
-IC:/Users/myUsername/AppData/Local/Arm/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.9.0/CMSIS/Core/Include
-IC:/Users/myUsername/AppData/Local/Arm/Packs/Infineon/TLE987x_DFP/1.6.0/Device/Include
-D__UVISION_VERSION="538" -D_RTE_ -DTLE9879QXA40 -D_RTE_
-o ./Objects/*.o -MD

In Keil, I set the option for "Code Generation", "ARM Compiler" field as "Use default compiler version 6".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.