This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to hide source code?

Hello,
I have a source code and header file that is used for multiple project. I want to hide-protect the source code being read by my coleagues for confidential purposes. I could use https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ka004549/latest for creating lib but it is all static which I dont want.
There is some variables in source code with size defined in header. And I want my coleagues to change the size according to their application. How can I build such system?

We are using Uvision V5.36 with MDK-ARM Cortex-M0 toolchain.

• How can I build such system?

You can't. 

And frankly, if you had to ask that question, the chances that your source code contains something you need to worry about protecting, from your colleagues no less, are very slim..

• I see, thanks for the answer.

You can't. 

I consider my opinion is possible from Keil packs.
    I was checking the CMSIS-RTX pack. There is a configuration wizard to change stacksize etc. When I check the source project of library(RTX_CM0.lib in my case) I can see it is used some variables with size defined in configuration wizard(RTX_Conf_CM.c). An example from RTX_CM_lib.h:

/* Memory pool for user specified stack allocation (+main, +timer) */
    extern
    uint64_t       os_stack_mem[];
    uint64_t       os_stack_mem[2+OS_PRIV_CNT+(OS_STACK_SZ/8)];

At the example OS_STACK_SZ defined from configuration wizard as part of size of os_stack_mem which is used in rt_CMSIS.c in source project of lib. So when I change configuration, RTX pack uses it from a library. I just dont get how. 

So we can understand from CMSIS pack that variable size can be changed and application (RTX_CM0.lib for CMSIS, can be any for my side) can follow the change.

A note: You can point that RTX lib source is open but it does not have to be open.