This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Embedded development IDE... Keil uVision vs IAR EWARM

I have some pros and cons for both products and my boss wants me to pick one. If you had to pick one for ARM development which would you go with and why?

Cost is not an issue.. company expense.

Parents
  • I have never used IAR so I can't comment other to say that it also sounds very professional. I like the Keil toolchain because I also do a lot of 8051 work so I am very familiar with it. As far as I understand IAR supports other MCU families as well, but I have no idea which. There are lots of free MDK versions that are paid for by the silicon vendors so without knowing your chip it is hard to say anything else.

• I have never used IAR so I can't comment other to say that it also sounds very professional. I like the Keil toolchain because I also do a lot of 8051 work so I am very familiar with it. As far as I understand IAR supports other MCU families as well, but I have no idea which. There are lots of free MDK versions that are paid for by the silicon vendors so without knowing your chip it is hard to say anything else.

Children
No data