This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change Pack Install Directory

I am using microvision on Windows and I am surprised that the packs install to User\Appdata\Local\....

Is there a way to tell  the pack installer to install to a different directory? I would think that I would like to install to a more "global" directory so that the entire software tree is visible to multiple users on my team - and not have each person install fundamental files to a unique location on each of their machines. The situation is made worse in that the vendor has placed the RTE_Device.h (and other files) in this location and has instructed me to edit them for certain configurations. I feel like I am missing something fundamental about the pack as I can't see User\Appdata\Local\.... as a useful place to store code that will be edited as part of a development/production process. 

So ... is there a way to change the pack installation directory? And ... how do others handle pack installation and distribution for a team development environement?

Parents
  • In the normal case -

Install Keil in C:\Keil_V5

Packs will install in C:\Keil_V5\ARM\PACK\...

When you create a new project, files that you need to modify for you project will likely be copied to the project directory.  Best not to modify items in the PACK directory.  IF you need to modify something, you should copy it to your project and edit it from there.

• In the normal case -

Install Keil in C:\Keil_V5

Packs will install in C:\Keil_V5\ARM\PACK\...

When you create a new project, files that you need to modify for you project will likely be copied to the project directory.  Best not to modify items in the PACK directory.  IF you need to modify something, you should copy it to your project and edit it from there.

Children