This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CMSIS network library

Hello Everyone,

Can i get a example code or sample code on the TCP server using the CMSIS network library

Parents
  • To be a little bit rude: It would help if you decide to read the answers you receive.

See this thread (your own - related specifically to the need for a DHCP server):
    http://www.keil.com/forum/61808/

The answer you received from Keil was:
    "Network library does not support a DHCP server. You will have to implement the service on your own."

After having received this answer, you directly jumped to a completely different question - not related to DHCP server but suddenly to how to set a fixed IP on your side (which the networking suit can do):

Hi Franc Urbanc,

Thank you for replying,

Network library will not support DHCP server implementation correct.

whether is it possible to fixed the one IP address permanently to the board(evaluation board) using network library ?"

You further wrote:

you told that Network library will not Support the DHCP server implementation.

1. can i know when the new patch or pack of network library with the working DHCP server implementation will be release ?

Which would imply that you think Franc Urbanc said there is a DHCP server - but broken - after which you wanted to know when it would be fixed.

So you once more got the answer:

Unfortunatelly DHCP server and packet router are not supported in Network library.

Nothing there, indicating that Keil sees it as a prioritized task to add a DHCP server - the people who do know how to write a router would normally have the skills to write a DHCP server. And the rest of Keil's customers do not need a DHCP server, since the huge majority of embedded devices have an interface to set a fixed IP or expects the network to supply the DHCP server.

So in the end, it comes down to this: Do you have the skills to write a DHCP server? And if you implement a router - do you have the skills to look at port forwarding, network address translations etc that would be standard functionality of a router. Remember that your device isn't just tunneling all data - you claimed that the PC behind the router should share the same connection as your embedded program used. So you need to have two external IP, or look at protocols and ports, VLAN tagging etc to decide what data that should be forwarded to the PC and what should be handled by the embedded application.

How I implemented a DHCP server using the Keil networking suite? I have never had a reason to use the Keil networking suite to implement any DHCP server. When I need router functionality, I go all the way to Linux-based solutions. Besides a DHCP server, I then also get iptables/nftables, QoS, IPsec, easy remote, modular, firmware updates, a web server that can run PHP, ...

• To be a little bit rude: It would help if you decide to read the answers you receive.

See this thread (your own - related specifically to the need for a DHCP server):
    http://www.keil.com/forum/61808/

The answer you received from Keil was:
    "Network library does not support a DHCP server. You will have to implement the service on your own."

After having received this answer, you directly jumped to a completely different question - not related to DHCP server but suddenly to how to set a fixed IP on your side (which the networking suit can do):

Hi Franc Urbanc,

Thank you for replying,

Network library will not support DHCP server implementation correct.

whether is it possible to fixed the one IP address permanently to the board(evaluation board) using network library ?"

You further wrote:

you told that Network library will not Support the DHCP server implementation.

1. can i know when the new patch or pack of network library with the working DHCP server implementation will be release ?

Which would imply that you think Franc Urbanc said there is a DHCP server - but broken - after which you wanted to know when it would be fixed.

So you once more got the answer:

Unfortunatelly DHCP server and packet router are not supported in Network library.

Nothing there, indicating that Keil sees it as a prioritized task to add a DHCP server - the people who do know how to write a router would normally have the skills to write a DHCP server. And the rest of Keil's customers do not need a DHCP server, since the huge majority of embedded devices have an interface to set a fixed IP or expects the network to supply the DHCP server.

So in the end, it comes down to this: Do you have the skills to write a DHCP server? And if you implement a router - do you have the skills to look at port forwarding, network address translations etc that would be standard functionality of a router. Remember that your device isn't just tunneling all data - you claimed that the PC behind the router should share the same connection as your embedded program used. So you need to have two external IP, or look at protocols and ports, VLAN tagging etc to decide what data that should be forwarded to the PC and what should be handled by the embedded application.

How I implemented a DHCP server using the Keil networking suite? I have never had a reason to use the Keil networking suite to implement any DHCP server. When I need router functionality, I go all the way to Linux-based solutions. Besides a DHCP server, I then also get iptables/nftables, QoS, IPsec, easy remote, modular, firmware updates, a web server that can run PHP, ...

Children