This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Emulated EEPROM stm32f cmsis library

Hello
I have seen ST's eeprom library for keil but it wasn't a complete library and it has some limitation to write into eeprom.
I want to know is there any cmsis library for stm32 to emulate eeprom that I can add via run-time environment windows?
Thanks

Parents
  • It isn't so easy to emulate EEPROM since it's a memory technology with very specific characteristics.

While flash memory is a type of EEPROM, the big difference is that flash is designed for quickly erase of large blocks - or the full memory.

With EEPROM you erase small blocks. Sometimes individual bytes. Sometimes maybe small pages of up to 32 bytes.

But since EEPROM has small erase sizes, it also means the full memory can manage a huge number of erase cycles. And that's why it doesn't work too well to simulate EEPROM out of flash memory. Even with extensive wear leveling, the EEPROM still han handle more updates unless you can supply a very significantly larg3r amount of flash.

• It isn't so easy to emulate EEPROM since it's a memory technology with very specific characteristics.

While flash memory is a type of EEPROM, the big difference is that flash is designed for quickly erase of large blocks - or the full memory.

With EEPROM you erase small blocks. Sometimes individual bytes. Sometimes maybe small pages of up to 32 bytes.

But since EEPROM has small erase sizes, it also means the full memory can manage a huge number of erase cycles. And that's why it doesn't work too well to simulate EEPROM out of flash memory. Even with extensive wear leveling, the EEPROM still han handle more updates unless you can supply a very significantly larg3r amount of flash.

Children