This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

unable to find the device STM32L476 while creating new project in Keil v4.74

I'm working with STM32L476 Discovery Board. But while creating a new project in my existing Keil version v4.74, i can't find the target device STM32L476. Is this the problem with my Keil version.Do I need to update the version??

Parents
  • The L4 series is not explicitly supported in that version. You'd probably want to migrate to uv5 to get support for newer parts.

The uv4 compiler/assembler can work with a generic Cortex-M4 part setting, and appropriate defines. Where you will likely have more headaches would be the flash downloading, where a part/family specific algorithm would be needed. ST-LINK Utilities would be able to burn a .HEX onto the part. The debugger should be serviceable, just tell it not to update the part before debugging.

• The L4 series is not explicitly supported in that version. You'd probably want to migrate to uv5 to get support for newer parts.

The uv4 compiler/assembler can work with a generic Cortex-M4 part setting, and appropriate defines. Where you will likely have more headaches would be the flash downloading, where a part/family specific algorithm would be needed. ST-LINK Utilities would be able to burn a .HEX onto the part. The debugger should be serviceable, just tell it not to update the part before debugging.

Children
No data