This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

some register issue for my compiler

Hi Community,

I have some issues regarding my keil uvision series, as well as arm cortex m3 and c51 understanding.

A friend of mine using keil uvision v514.2 and i am using mdk454 which is a version 4 series of keil uvision.

Both of us try compiling the same code, he successfully compile but cannot fully debug because he is holding an evaluation version and has code size limit. I am using a full version bought by school, but I could not compile it due to missing header
#include <reg52.h>

I did a check on reg52.h but I found out that it belongs to the family of 8051 and c51?
I am a little confuse regarding this reg52.h register.
With my current keil uvision mdk 454, it does not have the reg52.h register. Can I download this register and have it include in my current mdk454 folder and use it? What is this reg52.H for?

Parents
  • Note that the Keil ARM tools are for ARM processors.
    And the Keil C51 tools are for 805x processors.

If you have the ARM version of the tools, it doesn't help you to get the include file with register descriptions for a 8051 chip since your installation doesn't contain any 8051 compiler. And if you install the evaluation version of the C51, then it would still be an evaluation version and it wouldn't help that your ARM-specific version is licensed.

That's a very big reason why this forum has a drop-down "MCU Architecture/Product" to separate threads depending on what Keil tools the forum thread is related to.

• Note that the Keil ARM tools are for ARM processors.
    And the Keil C51 tools are for 805x processors.

If you have the ARM version of the tools, it doesn't help you to get the include file with register descriptions for a 8051 chip since your installation doesn't contain any 8051 compiler. And if you install the evaluation version of the C51, then it would still be an evaluation version and it wouldn't help that your ARM-specific version is licensed.

That's a very big reason why this forum has a drop-down "MCU Architecture/Product" to separate threads depending on what Keil tools the forum thread is related to.

Children