This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

compilation option

Hello all,
I have one project in microvision keil2.
It is of 89v51rd2 and sst89e516rd2 controller.
I am compiling code in keil2, somehow I am finding short of memory while compiling the code as my variable usage exceeds the capacity.
So I declared memory model of large i.e variable in XDATA under target option.

I am able to compile the code successfully, but some of my data are code, idata.
so I have query whether my variables assigned as code, idata will perform properly even if memory model is XDATA.

Thanks and regards

Parents
  • Note that the memory model controls default storage.

It's normally better to manually specify that a few large variables should be stored in XDATA than to jump all the way and request that the default is to use XDATA.

If you add an attribute to store a variable in a different memory region, then the code will be fine with that. If the tools themselves decides a specific memory region, then the tools will produce code adapted to that.

• Note that the memory model controls default storage.

It's normally better to manually specify that a few large variables should be stored in XDATA than to jump all the way and request that the default is to use XDATA.

If you add an attribute to store a variable in a different memory region, then the code will be fine with that. If the tools themselves decides a specific memory region, then the tools will produce code adapted to that.

Children