This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

gsm interface with microcontroller

hi, i am trying to interface gsm mobile(ericson )with 8051. mobile and microcontroller responding correctly if i connect with computer serial port(com).but i connect gsm mobile with 8051 with null modem conection mobile is not respoding.in hypertermminal i used without any flow control signals.can you please help me in this?suggest me exate requaired signals to complete communication between mobile and 8051.

Parents
  • Do you know what a paragraph is?
    It's when you break your text down into small sections.

Your post is really hard to read as you have just rolled everything into one big blob!

"i am trying to interface gsm mobile (ericson) with 8051"

Note: that's "Ericsson"

Exactly what "mobile" are you using?

Note that trying to use a real phone is often more trouble than it's worth:
    " href= "http://www.8052.com/forum/read.phtml?id=101998">www.8052.com/.../read.phtml

"responding correctly if i connect with computer serial port (com)."

If you have a real phone, are you using a special adaptor cable for this?
    If so, you will need to build an equivalent adaptor cable for the 8051...

"i connect gsm mobile with 8051 with null modem conection mobile is not respoding"

Of course it won't!

A Null-modem cable is what you use to connect two DTE devices in place of a modem;
    When connecting to a real modem (or phone acting as a modem) you need a straight-through cable.

Remember: the "TX" pin on a modem (DCE) is an Input - it supplies the data to be transmitted.

"in hypertermminal i used without any flow control signals"

Even if you set Hypoterminal to "No Flow Control", the COM port may still be asserting RTS.

You need to read the mobile's Manual to determine what control signals it requires
    (generally, RTS is required).

"suggest me exate requaired signals to complete communication between mobile and 8051"

See above - read the Manual!

• Do you know what a paragraph is?
    It's when you break your text down into small sections.

Your post is really hard to read as you have just rolled everything into one big blob!

"i am trying to interface gsm mobile (ericson) with 8051"

Note: that's "Ericsson"

Exactly what "mobile" are you using?

Note that trying to use a real phone is often more trouble than it's worth:
    " href= "http://www.8052.com/forum/read.phtml?id=101998">www.8052.com/.../read.phtml

"responding correctly if i connect with computer serial port (com)."

If you have a real phone, are you using a special adaptor cable for this?
    If so, you will need to build an equivalent adaptor cable for the 8051...

"i connect gsm mobile with 8051 with null modem conection mobile is not respoding"

Of course it won't!

A Null-modem cable is what you use to connect two DTE devices in place of a modem;
    When connecting to a real modem (or phone acting as a modem) you need a straight-through cable.

Remember: the "TX" pin on a modem (DCE) is an Input - it supplies the data to be transmitted.

"in hypertermminal i used without any flow control signals"

Even if you set Hypoterminal to "No Flow Control", the COM port may still be asserting RTS.

You need to read the mobile's Manual to determine what control signals it requires
    (generally, RTS is required).

"suggest me exate requaired signals to complete communication between mobile and 8051"

See above - read the Manual!

Children