This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reentrant compiler directive for C51 compiler

I am using an inhouse developed multi tasking scheduler for 8051. Every function that I write, I need to put reentrant on it. Is it possible to add a compiler directive like the c166 compilers for c51 compiler?

Parents
  • "Every function that I write, I need to put reentrant on it."

That sounds like a really, really bad idea!

That puts a serious overhead in terms of both code size and speed on every single function!! :-0

Did whoever developed this "multi tasking scheduler" understand what they were doing??

"Is it possible to add a compiler directive like the c166 compilers for c51 compiler?"

No.
    This is probably to remind you of the significant impact, and that only those functions that really need it should be declared as 'reentrant' in C51...! :-0

• "Every function that I write, I need to put reentrant on it."

That sounds like a really, really bad idea!

That puts a serious overhead in terms of both code size and speed on every single function!! :-0

Did whoever developed this "multi tasking scheduler" understand what they were doing??

"Is it possible to add a compiler directive like the c166 compilers for c51 compiler?"

No.
    This is probably to remind you of the significant impact, and that only those functions that really need it should be declared as 'reentrant' in C51...! :-0

Children