This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uninstalling Keil completely

Hi all,

I had a project which I could successfully programto my NXP uC using a J-link. When I upgraded my Keil version I could not upload it anymore (erase failed error). I tried downgrading Keil version to 5.12 (which worked previously) and I keep getting the error.

I'm able to program the same project using other computer so the problem should be in some config file. I tried uninstalling it and installing it again deleting all files left in AppData and keil_v5 folders and also the what I could find in Windows key registry and still didn't get it working.

Is there something else I need to remove to completely uninstall it?

Regards,

Mikel

Parents
  • Our MDK installer contains all core files and Device Family Packs are added on request into the same folder. Therefore, when you delete the complete keil_v5 folder, all MDK files are gone. If you install an older version into the same folder, all previous files will get overwritten.
    If you are using J-Link or ULINKpro, some USB device drivers are copied into the Windows installation folder. We also provide an uninstaller for MDK.

What problem do you see when you try to download your application into flash? What device are you using?

• Our MDK installer contains all core files and Device Family Packs are added on request into the same folder. Therefore, when you delete the complete keil_v5 folder, all MDK files are gone. If you install an older version into the same folder, all previous files will get overwritten.
    If you are using J-Link or ULINKpro, some USB device drivers are copied into the Windows installation folder. We also provide an uninstaller for MDK.

What problem do you see when you try to download your application into flash? What device are you using?

Children