This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

File I/O operation in uVision IDE

Hi,

i am using uVision ver5 to compile my solution for Cortex-M4 core.
I am just using the IDE for simulation with no I/O peripherals , to test my solution i need to read a hex file and generate output correspondigly, but i feel FILE operations as C/C++ is not supported on uVision.

Can somebody please suggest some alternative to read/write hex data for simulation only.

Thanks,

Parents
  • Test the bulk of the code in Windows with a C compiler. Build a framework to pump data in/out at the abstraction between actual hardware.

Alternatively find a emulation that supports serial input/output, or find some donor M4 board with serial and sdcard and build a test framework on that.

Compile the .HEX file as a C array, and read via a pointer.

Assume you're testing a Boot ROM

• Test the bulk of the code in Windows with a C compiler. Build a framework to pump data in/out at the abstraction between actual hardware.

Alternatively find a emulation that supports serial input/output, or find some donor M4 board with serial and sdcard and build a test framework on that.

Compile the .HEX file as a C array, and read via a pointer.

Assume you're testing a Boot ROM

Children
No data